Preventive Measures in response to COVID-19
With the successful commencement of the 98th Hong Kong Wedding Fair at the HKCEC on 22-24 May 2020, the first exhibition since the COVID-19 pandemic in Hong Kong, HML is confident and ready to welcome events back to Hong Kong and the HKCEC.
HKCEC is ready for events to return (Video only)
Safety of staff and customers has always been top priority of HML. Stringent preventive measures have been adopted to ensure the HKCEC is ready to welcome any events. HML has a set of emergency preparedness plans, which can be activated in case of emergency situations. Some of the preventive measures implemented are as follows:
Strict access control
- Temperature check for all visitors entering the HKCEC is conducted at control points. Anyone with high temperature and/or display respiratory symptoms will be denied entry.
- All staff members will have their temperature screened when reporting duty.
- Contractor workers and suppliers’ delivery personnel are required to have their temperature checked and complete a Health Declaration Form before being admitted.
- Anyone without a face mask will be denied entry. Surgical masks are recommended.
- Anyone wearing a Quarantine Order wristband will be denied entry. HML security staff will report contraventions to Police.
Cleaning and disinfecting
- Anti-virus Nano Titanium Photocatalyst Coating and antimicrobial surface protectant NDF-Bio75 have been applied to event venues and public facilities such as escalator handrails, door handles, lift buttons and glass railings etc.
- Event venues will be disinfected at the end of the day after general cleaning.
- Escalator handrails, door handles and lift panels are disinfected every hour.
- Tables and chairs in exhibition venues are disinfected twice a day.
- Floor mats at the HKCEC main entrances are sprayed with diluted bleach every two hours.
- All restrooms are assigned with attendants during events to carry out cleaning and disinfecting work.
- Venue ventilation is enhanced.
- Automatic hand sanitiser spray dispensers are available at guest lift lobbies, Customer Service Counters and restaurants.
- Special rubbish bins for disposal of used face masks are provided at centre exit points and offices.
- Two Isolation Rooms for sick persons to rest and wait for medical assistance have been set-up and are ready for use during event period. The rooms are equipped with face masks, sanitizing hand gel, tissue and rubbish bins with lid.
- All customer facing frontline staff members are required to wear face masks.
Hygienic F & B
- Food handlers working in open kitchens and food concessions are required to wear face masks.
- All food items served in the concession stands will be individually packaged.
- Designated ‘Hygiene Assistant’ at restaurants equipped with labelled aprons, gloves and designated trays are assigned to clean tables and remove used tableware. They will not serve food.
- Special serving protocol options are available at banqueting events for hygiene consideration.
- The buffet restaurant adopts preventive measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
HML will continue to closely monitor development of COVID-19 and strengthen relevant hygiene measures according to latest guideline issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government’s Department of Health.