Preventive measures at the HKCEC in response to novel coronavirus infection
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (Management) Limited (“HML”) always puts safety of staff and customers on top priority. The Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (“HKCEC”) remains operational and accessible with a series of hygiene and preventive measures in place to ensure venue hygiene. HML has emergency preparedness plans and is ready to activate in response to emergency situations. Some of the measures being taken are listed below:
- Venue ventilation is enhanced.
- Floor mats at the HKCEC main entrances are sprayed with diluted bleach every two hours.
- Escalator handrails, door handles and lift panels are disinfected every hour.
- All restrooms are assigned with attendants during events to carry out on-going cleaning and disinfecting work.
- Tables and chairs in exhibition venues are disinfected twice a day.
- All frontline staff members are required to wear face masks.
- Food handlers working in open kitchens and food concessions are required to wear face masks.
- Hand sanitizing gel is readily available at Customer Service Counters and restaurants.
- Temperature check for all staff members when reporting duty every day is in place.
- Temperature check for contractor workers at the contractor entrances is in place.
- Special rubbish bins for disposal of used face masks are provided at centre exit points and offices.
HML will continue to closely monitor the latest situation of the novel coronavirus infection, and will follow the guideline issued by the Hong Kong Special Administration Region Government’s Department of Health, and will strengthen relevant measures if necessary.
Last update: 6 February 2020